UPS PIco issues with Raspi2

Support for the Uninterruptible Power Supply
with Peripherals and I2C control Interface
Raspberry Pi® B+, A+, B, and A

UPS PIco issues with Raspi2

Postby flyingpengwin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Hello All,

I'm currently trying to use the UPS PIco with a current project. I have the UPS PIco HV1.1 that came with firmware 5c already installed. The base OS I'm using is OSMC which does not come with alot of programs that raspbian comes with. Despite that, I've installed almost all of the required software according to the simple settings guide. The only thing I could not install was the python-rpi.gpio. I do have python installed and the GPIO pins work so I hope thats good enough?

I've been very diligent about making sure to follow the instructions but I'm having serious issues with the UPS PIco.

Issue 1. I cannot geting I2cset commands to stick. Everytime the pi shutsdown, the settings no longer hold. (ex: i2cset -y 1 0x6b 14 0x00) The buzzer turns of but once I turn the Pi back on the buzzer activates again.

Issue 2. If I remove the power when the Pi turns on AND the UPS PIco turns on and looks like it is functioning, the raspberry pi will reboot, then I can ssh back into it and do all of the usual stuff until it abruptly turns off. If I restore power after everything shuts off, the UPS PIco does not come back on. The only solution I have found to get the UPS PIco to turn back on is to hit the UPSR switch. But then it starts to periodically beep. (which is driving my wife nuts which is why I've been trying to turn the buzzer off but the i2csetting has to be run each time.) *Note* if I ssh and do a sudo poweroff, the UPS PIco does not come back on when power is restored...

Issue 3. When I do i2cdetect -y 1 I get "60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU 69 6a 6b -- -- -- --" I used to get the 68 69 6a 6b as described in the guide but at somepoint that changed...

These are the main issues I've been having.

The long and short of what I need the UPS PIco to do is:
This will be installed in a car, I've purchased the additional fan incase it gets a bit warm. (It can get to 40C or 110F in the cars where I live if they are parked out in the sun all day).
Everytime I turn the car on, power will be provided to the pi and the pi will turn on, everytime I turn the car off the power will be abruptly disconnected and I need to do a safe shutdown. That's it. If the UPS PIco wants to do an immediate shutdown thats fine, I only need power long enough for the pi to be signaled to shutdown safely.

To be honest, I may be a bit over my head with this. I know my way a little bit around terminal commands and I can follow instructions no problem but I'm not good at trouble shooting... Any help would be very very much appreciated!
flyingpengwin

Re: UPS PIco issues with Raspi2

Postby flyingpengwin » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:00 pm

I've tried looking all this up but I'm really lost, could anyone please help me?
flyingpengwin

Postby Pimaster » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi,
Ad 3. UU means it is used by the driver. It is because you made the changes. It is correct.
Ad 2 and 1. Please send me your rc.local

BR PiM
Warmest Regards
PiM
---
Designing with Mentor Graphics PADS - www.pads.com
Please read and follow the PiForum rules
http://www.forum.pimodules.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=196
---
Pimaster
Site Admin

Postby flyingpengwin » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:45 pm

Hello, Thank you so much for your help, here is my rc.local:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

sudo /home/.startup.sh &

sudo python /home/osmc/picofssd.py &

echo ds1307 0x68 > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-1/new_device
( sleep 4; hwclock -s ) &

exit 0
flyingpengwin

Postby flyingpengwin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello,
I've been trying to wait patiently but it's been almost 2 months. Is there any chance I could get help?
flyingpengwin

Return to UPS PIco